The KLV-Fund focuses on the financial support of one-off activities and new initiatives that help alumni to strengthen their knowledge and skills in the WUR domains. In this way they can make a valued contribution to the development of expertise in education, research and policy-making to address important social issues. A characteristic of the initiatives is that they supplement the regular alumni policy of Wageningen University & Research. The KLV-Fund was established from the remaining assets of the former Wageningen alumni association KLV.
Activities that are eligible for support from the KLV-Fund must contribute to at least one of the following sub-goals:
- Stimulating/facilitating social debate and dialogue within the domain of Wageningen University & Research.
- Developing new forms of (access to) alumni networks.
- Developing new forms for active dialogue and cooperation within or between the domains of Wageningen University & Research and the Study Circles and Networks.
- Developing new forms of generic career support for alumni.
In addition, the activity or initiative must be a one-off or be in the start-up phase. The fund does not provide structural support for activities or programmes.
Applications are assessed by a curatorial panel consisting of members with knowledge and experience in the field of social dialogue, alumni activities and typical Wageningen themes. The Board of Trustees of the KLV-Fund consists of the following members:
Han Swinkels (voorzitter)
Paul den Besten
Coen de Jong
In 2021, two applications have been awarded by the KLV-Fund:
- A podcast series. This is a new form of communication with alumni.
- A one-time national conference in the Wageningen domain. This request has been partially granted.