Admission Apply for a Minor Wageningen

How to apply for a Minor?

Learn more about how you can apply for a minor as a student of Wageningen University & Research or as an external or international student.

WUR students

It is not possible to register for whole minors. Students have to register for the separate courses, just like for all other WUR courses. Be sure to discuss your choices with your study adviser before following your optional part courses. Official approval of the minor is obtained when the study programme is approved by the examining board.

Dutch university/HBO students

Students of a Dutch HBO or university, from outside Wageningen University & Research, have to register as a "bijvak" student. Once you are registered as a “bijvak” student you can register for the courses of the minor. Registration for an entire minor is not possible. You have to register for the separate courses before each period, ultimately four weeks before the start of the courses.

Go to the forms to register as "Bijvak"student

Please read the instructions in the Explanation for the criteria that have to be met in order to do courses as a "Bijvak" student. This included the deadlines for registration. If you want to take a minor in the 1st semester of the next academic year, make sure you register at your own university or HBO for the next year as soon as possible, at the end of June. If you are not registered at your own university or HBO yet, you can't be admitted as a "bijvak" student.

Read more information for external students

International students

Students from partner universities of the Erasmus network have the possibility to take part in exchange programmes and follow a BSc minor at Wageningen University & Research this way.

There are also possibilities for students from non-EU partner universities of Wageningen University & Research, and for students from universities with contacts at Wageningen University & Research in their own area of research. Information can be found on the page for future exchange students.

Students that want to take a minor to prepare for an MSc programme at Wageningen University & Research should contact the study adviser of the MSc programme for information on the possibility of a pre-master programmes and minors. You can find the contact details of the study advisers on the websites of the MSc programmes.

International students who are already studying at Dutch universities or HBO can use the information for Dutch university students.

Read more information for international students

Other interested

If you are not registered at a Dutch university or HBO or a partner university there are other ways to register. You can register as a contract student. For registration as a Contract Student, a fee is charged which is based on the number of ECTS credit points per subject. For a whole minor this could be over € 7000 for non WUR alumni. The form and explanation about this can be found here.

Student Service Centre

The Student Service Centre provides information for students about admission, registration, tuition fees, legal residence, etc. For more information please check: Student Service Centre.