Social Safety for Students

We want you – WUR students – to be assured of a positive and safe environment for your studies. Nevertheless, we are aware that unwanted behaviour or unsafe situations may occur within our community.

We show you the way to support and/or how to report an incident. Depending on the circumstances, you may want to discuss the situation with someone you trust first. You can also use the new Social Safety Contact Point to ask or report anything.

Do not hesitate to speak up, even - or especially - when in doubt. We are here to help you and anything you report will be treated in the strictest confidence.

Support at WUR

(Click to download the interactive PDF)

Download the interactive PDF on Social Safety for WUR Students

Besides the support options on the infographic, you are welcome at the new Social Safety Contact Point.

Undesirable Behaviour

Confidential Counsellor (Students)

  • You experienced undesirable behaviour from a fellow student or WUR employee.
  • need advice, support, or want to submit a formal complaint.

Confidential counsellors
Anke van Oostveen, Sabah Nhass & Klaartje Thierry advise and guide you in looking for a way to stop unwanted behavior or prevent the situation from getting worse.

Confidential Contact Persons (CCP)

The CCP is your first point when you are dealing with transgressive behaviour at your association.


Structural Problems & Injustices


  • You want to address structural problems or injustices affecting a group of people.
  • You are looking for impartial advice, investigation, or mediation.

Ombudsperson Jacqueline Schoone advises on overarching trends in the domain of social safety from an independent and authoritative position.


Scientific Integrity

Confidential Counsellor Scientific Integrity

  • You suspect a possible breach of scientific integrity.
  • You seek advice or want to submit a complaint.

Confidential Counsellors SI - dr. Nicole Koenderink and prof. dr. ir. Huub Savelkoul - will attempt to mediate or find another way of solving the matter in an amicable fashion.


Physical & Mental Effects

General Practitioner (GP)

  • You have concerns or complaints about your health in general.

Did you know many General Practitioners also offer mental support by an Assistant Practitioner for Mental Health Care (GGZ)?

Student Psychologist

  • You need help because a social unsafe situation is affecting your mental health.

The student psychologists* offer free short-term counseling - max 5 sessions - to WUR students.

* Anneke Aikema, Lisette van Baars, Kevin de Bruin, Roeland Cloin, Irma Janssen, Ineke Leenders en Nereida Ordovas Garcia