Rent Subsidy is a tax refund provided by the Dutch Government, to people who rent a room or a house but don’t have a sufficient income. The rooms in the Earth house, Bornsesteeg and Haarweg (uneven number, managed by Idealis) qualify for rent subsidy.
Requirements to get rent subsidy
1. You are 18 years or older.
2. You have a valid residence permit.
3. You have a BSN Number.
4. You have a Dutch Bank account.
5. You are registered at the municipality with the correct address.
6. You have a DigiD
What do you need to do?
1. Go to the municipality and register, or change your address to your new address after you have signed your rental agreement.
2. You have to open a Dutch bank account,
3. As soon as you have received your BSN number, you can apply for a DigiD,
4. How to start the application for rent subsidy via internet after you have registered with DigiD.
· If you apply for rent subsidy for rooms which don’t qualify,
· if you increase the amount for rent and service costs in your application,
· if you don’t inform the Belastingdienst about the termination of your rental agreement,
· or if you make other mistakes or give false information,
Please be aware, although the Belastingdienst may pay you each month, at the end of the year you will have to refund the whole amount! It is your own responsibility to inform the Belastingdienst about all correct data!
How to apply:
Unfortunately, all the information on the website of The Belastingdienst is in Dutch. If you happen to know a Dutch person who can assist you filling in the forms, please ask him or her to help you. It will take less than an hour to fill in.The Housing Desk:
can also be contacted. They have a consulting our regarding rent subsidy Mon. – Fri. 16:00 – 17:00, HousingDesk Generaal Foulkesweg 37, 6703 BL Wageningen.
Follow-up:Please note, processing the rent subsidy application will take up to 8 weeks. The Belastingdienst will grant you the subsidy from the start date of your rent. Usually the Belastingdienst does the monthly payments around the 19th of each month.