What will you learn?
You will analyse the goals and strategies of commercial enterprises, non-governmental and governmental organisations and international institutions, develop alternatives and evaluate their effects in relation to both organisations and ecosystems involved. This is summarised in the learning outcome: design goals and strategies for the governance of sustainable marine ecosystems.
Check the online study handbook for more information on the courses in this specialisation.
Some thesis examples for the specialisation Marine Governance:
- Does MSC certification make fisheries more sustainable?
- The economics of overfishing and poverty traps
- Bottom up sustainability standards for SE Asian aquaculture?
- The evolution of social norms for cooperative resource harvesting
- Options for an International Environmental Agreement to combat marine plastic litter