Wageningen University offers PhD candidates a number of facilities and services which will help you make the most of your time here.
- The Wageningen PhD Council represents the interests of PhD students of Wageningen University.
- HR advisers are responsible for approving and allocating employee courses and mediating requests for contract extensions. Wageningen University staff can approach HR advisors with matters concerning legal status, problems regarding supervision or other personnel issues.
- The PE&RC PhD Council (PPC) has a buddy system to welcome newly arrived PhD candidates at Wageningen. A 'buddy' helps the new PhD settle into life and Wageningen in order to make him/her feel welcome and at home more quickly.
- If you want to get on in the world, you have to speak the right language. This is particularly true in the academic world. Language Services is the language institute of Wageningen UR and as such, provides language courses for Wageningen UR students and staff and external customers.
- The ISOW is a social organisation for international students. It was founded in 1995. ISOW is a place where all international students in Wageningen can meet and socialise.
- The International Club Association is one of the oldest (student) associations in Wageningen. Not only international and Dutch students and employees of the WUR, but also residents of Wageningen and the surroundings towns are members of the ICA.
- Sports Centre de Bongerd (SCB) is a university sports centre and offers students and employees of Wageningen UR, Van Hall Larenstein, University of Applied Sciences an extensive workout and sports opportunities.