Holland Scholarship (for outgoing students)
The Holland Scholarship is a scholarship made available by the Dutch Ministry of Education Culture and Science together with Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. It is meant for students who want to study, do research or an internship in a non-European country.
Are you already studying at Wageningen University? Are you thinking of studying, or doing research or an internship outside of Europe? Then expand your horizon and make yourself stand out with more international experience.
Apply for the Holland Scholarship!
The Holland Scholarship is available for students of Wageningen University who want to study, do research or an internship outside of Europe.
The scholarship amounts to a one-off payment of € 1,250 and is meant as a contribution towards your study expenses.
- You are following a full-time programme at Wageningen University for the academic year of 2023-2024.
- You will use the scholarship for studying, doing research or an internship with a minimum duration of three months and a minimum of 15 ECTS.
- Your study, research or internship will take place in a country outside Europe.
- Your study, research or internship is scheduled for the academic year of 2023-2024.
- Students with a GPA above 80% are encouraged to apply.
- In case of research or internship, please provide proof of acceptance. This needs to be submitted in case a scholarship is granted, awardees will receive more information on where and how to submit this proof.
How to apply
You need to apply for the Holland Scholarship at Wageningen University.
Outgoing students who are leaving in the first semester of the academic year, can apply for this scholarship during the first round. The application deadline is May 1st, 2023.
Outgoing students who are leaving in the second semester of the academic year, can apply for this scholarship during the second round. The deadline for round 2 will be January 1st, 2024.
Please note: If you have applied during round 1, but you will leave in the second semester, your application will be assessed during the selection procedure in round 1.
Students will be evaluated based upon their academic records. In addition, diversity of the awardees, receiving companies and countries is taken into account. The GPA will be calculated based upon all curricular pass marks (BSc and MSc) using a weighting factor. Within 6 weeks after the application deadline applicants will be informed about the outcome of the selection.
Digital flyer Holland Scholarship
You can find information about the Holland Scholarship on www.wilweg.nl/hollandscholarship (in Dutch). The WilWeg website contains a range of information about studying, doing research or internships abroad in general. So if you want to read testimonials of Dutch students who have gone abroad, then check www.wilweg.nl (in Dutch).