Searching and organising literature for PhD candidates
This one-and-a-half day course on Information Literacy and EndNote is offered by Wageningen Graduate Schools and organised by Wageningen University & Research - Library.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Use Wageningen University & Research - Library, including bibliographic databases on different platforms, electronic journals, my library, alerting services, etcetera
- Identify and choose appropriate information sources for your research
- Use different search strategies (quick search, following a thread, or advanced search queries)
- Build advanced search queries, using Boolean operators and database specific search tools
- Manage your references using EndNote. EndNote is reference management software that allows you to organise your own literature references. It is closely integrated with your word processor, and makes the inclusion of citations and references in your reports and articles really easy.
You will also get an individual instruction and help in developing a balanced search plan that will be beneficial throughout your PhD period.