Request DOI & ISBN
Why do I need a DOI?
A Digital Object Identifier (DOI) provides a unique persistent reference to your publication. The DOI is an internationally accepted identifier and remains the same even if the publication's URL changes. Using DOIs will simplify finding and referring to WUR reports. More background information about DOIs can be found on crossref.org
Who can request a DOI and how does it work?
If you are a staff member of Wageningen University & Research (WUR) and you are planning to publish a WUR report, WUR Library can supply you with a DOI for your publication.Some departments have a contact person who arranges this for you. Otherwise, you can create one yourself. The DOI must be added to the report before publication. The DOI-link will not be active until a PDF of the final report is added to a requested DOI and/or the report's embargo has ended.
Requesting a DOI for a report?
To request a DOI, follow these steps:
- Go to your personal My Library page and log in if you are not logged in yet
- Look for the tile called 'Request DOI/ISBN'
- Click on the button
- On the start page of this application is more information about the process.
- Click on in the menu on the left
- Choose Report or Dissertation
- Fill in the requested fields and click on Save
- You now have a DOI number you can use in your publication
- Once you’ve completed your report, you can also use this tool to upload the PDF of your report.
Do you need help? On the DOI-tile in My Library you'll find a Help file, to guide you through the procedure. Do you have questions about the procedure? Please email us. We'll be happy to help you.
Do I also need an ISBN for a report?
The International Standard Book Number (ISBN) is a unique identification number for monographs (e.g. books, theses, proceedings, reports, cd-roms). The ISBN for WUR reports has been replaced by a DOI. Only if you also want to publish your report on paper, do you need an ISBN.
Requesting a DOI and ISBN for your PhD thesis
Before you publish your PdD thesis, you will be given DOI and ISBN instructions by the Doctorate secretariat of PhD services. The requesting process for a Dissertation is very similar to requesting one for a report.