In light of the strong response by the scientific community to the PLOS Genetics article of Gert Kema & colleagues on Banana Black Sigatoka pathogen Pseudocercospora fijiensis, PLOS organises a ‘Ask me anything’ (AMA) chat session Wednesday 12th October 19:00 local Amsterdam time (= 1 pm ET). Banana researcher Gert Kema and co-authors will appear in a live 60 minute Q&A on the communities platform RedditScience.
With the ‘Ask me anything’ sessions PLOS showcases PLOS journal contributors for an online audience which typically reaches more than 2500 participants from all levels of academic science from all over the world.
When you’re new to Reddit and want to participate:
- Visit @redditscience https://www.reddit.com/r/science/
- Note: it seems not to work out in Internet Explorer
- Click 'sign up' in the upper right hand corner
- Create username & password, most people use pseudonyms
- To show enthusiasm about a particular AMA, click the up arrow next to the topic page.
The direct link to the AMA will be available on October 12 just before 14:00 Amsterdam time. You can already hook up at that moment, as the authors will then post an author’s article and self-introduction on RedditScience. This will allow time for people in many different time zones to see the post and ask their questions before the chat session starts at 19:00 Amsterdam time (1 pm ET)