Wageningen School of Social Sciences (WASS) opens a call for applications for a Junior Researcher Grant.
International experience is nowadays considered to be a vital ingredient for a successful academic career.
Junior Researcher Grants are meant for PhD candidates who would like to go abroad for a short stay at another prestigious university or research institute outside the Netherlands.
The stay abroad can be used for a visit to a research group with similar research interests, collaboration for writing a scientific paper, additional research in relation to your PhD (no planned fieldwork), or an extended stay in relation a to learning activities (e.g. a seminar or PhD course).
The call is open to all with an approved Training and Supervision Plan (TSP), an approved research proposal and a positive Go-decision at the moment of application.
The grant will cover expenses (e.g. accommodation, travel cost) of up to 900 € per month with a total maximum of 3500 € (including travel costs) and will be administered via the chair group of the PhD candidate.
- PhD candidates from WASS with an approved TSP and research proposal and a positive Go-decision at the moment of application
- Short stay at a university or research institute in 2019 outside the Netherlands
- Substantiated and clear added value to the research project of the candidate
- Stay abroad is not part of planned fieldwork
- Consent of the supervisor(s)
- The grant must be spent in the official contract period of the PhD, during the 3rd or 4th year of your PhD contract
- Application is only possible once during the contract period
- Existing contact with receiving institution
An application form is attached to this call.
The application, signed by candidate and supervisor, should be received by WASS Office not later than . A digital version should be sent to email@example.com.
A maximum of 10 scholarships is available. WASS Office will decide on the approval of applications not later than 20 November 2018.
The candidates who benefit from this programme are required to send us a short evaluation report describing concrete results after completion of the visit abroad.