Are you puzzled by Open Access publishing? Is your mailbox constantly being spammed by predatory journal requests? How should you select a journal to publish in? Maybe it is time to learn how to navigate the world of Open Science! Wageningen University and Research and Elsevier will co-host a panel discussion on Quality Control in Open Science publishing. The online event will take place on 4 June 2021. Join this free WUR-Elsevier event for the opportunity to discuss with the panellists, ask your questions and bring in ideas!
The transition to Open Science has created new opportunities for sharing research results with peers and society. The publishing system has changed and new platforms are emerging. How do we ensure that research published in Open Access continues to be of high robust quality?
In 2020, Elsevier and Dutch universities established a new agreement for Open Science. Wageningen University and Research and Elsevier will co-host a panel discussion on Quality Control in Open Science publishing. A panel of experts will discuss quality issues in Open Science publishing and their relevancy for WUR researchers. Topics like Open Access publishing, integrity, quality challenges, opportunities and useful publishing tools will all be covered. Plenty of time will be given for a Q&A. This event is exclusively for researchers at Wageningen University and Research.
Date: 4 June 2021 10:00 - 12.30
Institute: An online event from Wageningen University & Research and Elsevier
- Welcome and introduction of panelists.
- Trends in publishing: towards Open Science. The panellists will present Elsevier and WUR visions for the future of publishing, especially in the food science and agriculture fields. The principles and infrastructure of Open Science will be explained to provide context for the discussion. What are the consequences for librarians and researchers?
- Researchers experience and challenges. Prof. Vincenzo Fogliano and Prof. Marcel Zwietering, as WUR researchers and editors of academic journals, will share their insights into and recommendations for navigating Open Science publishing and its challenges.
- Panel discussion and Q&A. This session will be chaired by Jagdesh Kaur Georgiou, Senior Researcher Engagement Manager at Elsevier.
- Dr Anna Besse-Lototskaya | Program leader WUR Open Science & Education, WUR Library
- Dr Theo Jetten | Policy Advisor WUR Library | Executive Secretary of PE&RC
- Prof. Vincenzo Fogliano | Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Functional Foods | Chair of Food and Quality Design at WUR
- Prof. Marcel Zwietering | Editor of the International Journal of Food Microbiology | Chair of Food Microbiology at WUR
- Morgane Dagot | Publisher at Elsevier - Food Science Journals
- Dr Charon Duermeijer | Global Director Customer Success & Engagement at Elsevier
Morgane Dagot, Publisher, Food Science Journals, Elsevier | Charon Duermeijer, Global Director Customer Success & Engagement, Elsevier | Hubert Krekels, Library Director at WUR | Anna Besse-Lototskaya, Program leader WUR Open Science & Education | Vincenzo Fogliano, chair of Food and Quality Design and EiC of the Journal of Functional Foods | Marcel Zwietering, chair of Food Microbiology and Editor of the International Journal of Food Microbiology |