The Wageningen Young Academy (WYA), which started in 2012, is a diverse group of enthusiastic, ambitious, and outstanding young academics from all departments of Wageningen University and Research.
Our objective is to strengthen the position of young researchers within WUR and to stimulate interactions and debate among researchers from different disciplines.
To achieve this objective, we organize lectures, masterclasses, and outreach activities. Additionally, representatives of the WYA participate in committees dealing with the policy and vision of our institution. Current and past topics include the tenure track, strategic plans, the organization of chair groups, diversity and inclusion, etc.
On a yearly basis, the WYA seeks to recruit a new cohort of members to reinforce our team.
Are you a young academic who would like to join us?
Eligible candidates should have:
A PhD degree.
- A primary affiliation at WUR, with a clear, long-term (>3 year) career perspective at WUR.
- An age at the deadline for application submission below 45.
- A strong motivation to contribute to academic quality at WUR.
- A clear independence in their scientific career.
- An interest in exploring beyond the borders of their own discipline and in interacting with researchers from other fields.
How to apply
If you would like to join the WYA, please submit a single PDF (max. 4 A4 pages) with a letter of motivation and your CV to email@example.com.
In your letter, please address, but do not limit yourself to, the following points:
- Why do you want to join the WYA?
- What will your contribution to the WYA be?
- What is your research about? And why is your research exciting?
Applicants will be evaluated based on two primary criteria: academic excellence and motivation to contribute.
The WYA also aims for equal representation of women and men, a balance among the five science groups, and mixture of nationalities that reflects the diversity of WUR.
o The deadline for application submission is Sunday 31 January 2021.
o Applicants selected for a short interview will be notified by mid/end of February 2021.
o Short interviews will be held during the afternoon of Wednesday 3 March 2021. (Please reserve this afternoon in your agenda, and please mention in your letter of motivation if you are unavailable).