On 14 and 15 July 2016 the 2nd Sino-Europe workshop on potato sustainable production and technical cooperation will take place in Zhangjiakou, China, venue of the 2022 Olympic Winter games and the new plant of Aviko. Wageningen UR, Snow Valley and NAFTC a.o. organise the workshop.
The workshop is supported by the Potato GAP China from Topsector Agrifood Internationaal. GAP aims to transfer Dutch technology and knowledge for sustainable potato production and storage to China.
The program consists of a 1.5 day workshop and a 0.5 day field demonstration event with examples of Good Agricultural Practice (GAP), planted by Snow Valley,the Chinese manufacturing company that supplies potatoes to Aviko. Heilongjiang Agricultural Academy of Science (HAAS) and Wageningen UR will develop the scientific part of the program.
Summary workshop presentations
- Certification System (887,55 kb)
- Syngenta’s commitments to sustainability & productivity in potato production in China (2,34 mb)
- Control and management of potato quality in stores (2,91 mb)
- Innovative testing of soil fertility ‘getting a grip on soil fertility’ (1,8 mb)
- Variety Registration and Seed Certification in the Netherlands (2 mb)
- Innovative propagation methods in potato production (1,46 mb)
- Towards more sustainable potato production (Chinese) (3,39 mb)
- Towards more sustainable potato production (3,03 mb)
- Use of GIS-platform in potato crop management (4,34 mb)
- How to produce processing potatoes on a clay soil (10,92 mb)
- Innovations in Late Blight control using the AkkerWeb BlightApp (3,65 mb)
- Demonstrate Technology for Sino-Dutch Potato Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) (7,86 mb)
- European storage technology meets Chinese standard (1,09 mb)
- Changes in consumption of food over the history and future trends to be expected (1,71 mb)
- Yield gaps, resource use efficiencies and environmental impact of potato production in China (2,3 mb)
- Alternaria spp. Associated with Potato Foliar Diseases in China (1,43 mb)
- Aviko in China - Challenges to Improve Potato Cultivation & Production (6,77 mb)