Call for paid researchers
The EmbodiedEcologies ERC project based at Wageningen University & Research (directed by Prof Anita Hardon) is looking for paid research assistants to help with qualitative data collection in Amsterdam during spring 2023. The EmbodiedEcologies project explores the ordinary yet persistent forms of cumulative chemical exposure that threaten human health and well-being in cities through ethnography and creative cartography to study how people sense, know, and act to reduce chemical exposures.
Research assistant position involves:
- Participation in short intensive training in ethnographic and cartographic data collection.
- In-depth interviews with 20 participants in either highly effected communities or high-risk occupations.
- Preliminary sensorial mapping with the same 20 participants of their everyday life patterns through the city.
Strong candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in anthropology, geography, or other qualitative research discipline.
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary, participatory, and collaborative research.
- Proficiency in Dutch and/or English
To apply please submit:
- A short cover letter (not more than 1 page) explaining your experience and motivation.
- CV including relevant academic courses.