New read & publish deals with multiple publishers
In early 2022, the UKB consortium renewed several 'read & publish' contracts with major publishers. These deals provide WUR students and researchers access to many thousands of scientific journals. The deals also allow researchers to publish open access at no extra cost in selected journals.
The new contracts in which Wageningen University & Research participates at a glance:
- American Chemical Society (ACS) 2022-2025: Access to and open access publishing in 65 scientific journals. The fully open access journals are no longer part of the deal. Each year, a maximum of 544 articles can be published open access by the participating universities.
- Brill 2022-2024: Access to approximately 300 journals, and unlimited open access publishing in these journals. Publishing also applies to the publisher's fully open access journals.
- Karger 2022-2024: Access to this publisher's 89 journals of this publisher, and unlimited open access publishing in these journals. This applies to both hybrid and fully open access journals.
- Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) 2022-2024: Access to and unlimited open access publishing in about 40 journals.
- Sage 2022-2024: Access to and unlimited open access publishing in over 900 hybrid journals. In addition, 20% discount on the Article Processing Charges in the publisher's 170 fully open access journals.
- Springer: The contract with this publisher has been extended by one year, with an option for another year. The contract includes access to around 2,000 hybrid journals and open access publishing rights in these titles. This agreement covers a maximum of 2,080 publications per year.
- Thieme 2022-2024: This new contract provides access to almost 100 scientific journals in which WUR researchers can publish open access.
UKB is a partnership of Dutch University Libraries and The Royal Library of the Netherlands. On this website you can find detailed information on all the UKB's read and publish agreements. The contracts are also registered in the European register ESAC. Please note that the publish part of the deal only applies to WUR corresponding authors.
WUR Journal Browser
The WUR Journal Browser allows you to find open access publishing options for individual journal titles in the above deals, other deals, and titles without an institutional deal. You can also use the WUR Journal Browser to find information on impact factors.
Do you need help or more information? Please contact the Open Access team.