My research focuses on the relationship between agriculture and nature. From my background, I consider farms as agroecosystems connected to the environment. I am concerned with reducing the negative effects that intensified agriculture has on the environment, by using nature as a solution. Nature-inclusive agriculture and agroecology are interesting paths towards this development for me as these concepts can provide increased ecosystem services.
In concrete terms, I contribute to the development of nature-inclusive agriculture and the KPI system within Dutch agricultural policy and I develop evaluation methods for agroecological farms. I also monitor biodiversity in rural areas with experts and citizen science approaches.
Projects in which I am involved:
- Ontwikkeling KPI's voor kringlooplandbouw
- PPS Boeren met Biodiversiteit
- Ontwikkeling raamwerk voor evaluatie van het agro-ecologisch functioneren op landschapsschaal
- Concretisering van het concept natuurinclusieve landbouw
- Monitoring natuurinclusieve experimenten Staatsbosbeheer
- Boeren voor Natuur