Developing basic practices to enhance your language development.
Knowing how you can help yourself improve your English is an indispensable skill when working and studying in an English-speaking environment.
This awareness workshop is designed to provide you with good future practices to use and enhance your English language development and to help you avoid the common pitfalls of language stagnation and fossilising errors.
This workshop is offered by Wageningen Graduate School (WGS).
Non-Dutch students, Master students, PhD candidates, Postdocs at Wageningen UR who want to improve their English language acquisition skills. The maximum number of participants per group is 20.
· Become aware of and exploit the input language around you
· Learn how to utilise language resources for your benefit
· Improve the range, appropriateness and quality of your word choice
· Learn about the benefits of chunking and the role it plays in good language production
· Develop basic techniques to acquire more natural English
· Set yourself up with good practices that will benefit your language learning for life
• 90 minutes
Dates and times
No course materials.
Participants will receive a certificate after attending the workshop
|Reduced fee*||€ 40,-|
|University fee**||€ 80,-|
|External fee||€ 100,-|
The fee includes study and training material. Coffee/tea and lunches are not included
- PhD candidates of Wageningen
University with an approved Training and Supervision Plan (TSP) who are
registered at one of the WU graduate schools (EPS, PE&RC, VLAG,
WASS, WIAS, WIMEK).
- Postdocs of Wageningen University who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools.
- All other PhD candidates / Wageningen University postdocs and staff.