Do you want to learn Spanish for a holiday or for your study or work? Did you take Spanish in school, but it has become a little rusty? Spanish 2 will quickly help you get back on track! The course focuses on practical skills and introduces you to Spanish culture. Spanish 2 is the sequel to Spanish 1. After the course Spanish 2, you can continue on to Spanish 3 and 4.
Classes take place on the Wageningen University & Research Campus, in the Forum building.
Spanish 2 is for anyone who has little to no knowledge of Spanish and wants to quickly acquire a solid foundation in the Spanish language, or for those who have completed the Spanish 1 course.
Spanish 2: halfway to A2 (CEFR)
After this course, you will be able to:
- hold short, simple conversations about personal topics;
- understand the key information in everyday conversations about familiar topics;
- understand the key information in short, simple texts (brochures, advertisements);
- write short, simple messages or emails
The emphasis is on speaking skills. Reading, listening, and writing skills will also be addressed. You will also learn more about the Spanish culture. After completing this course, you can take part in the course Spanish 3 (A2).
This course meets once a week for 8 weeks. Each class is 1 hour and 45 minutes. You should expect to spend 2 to 3 hours on homework each week.
Dates and times
The course Spanish 2 is offered annually in October, February, and May. The next course starts in February 2019.
|Start date||End date||Day||Time|
|19 February||16 April||Tuesday||19.30 - 21.15 hrs|
Aula Internacional 2: ISBN: 9789460306174
These books are available at the WUR shop in the Forum building on the Wageningen University & Research campus.
Certification and exam
To receive a Wageningen in'to Languages certificate, a minimum attendance of 80% is required. A diagnostic test is optional. This costs €25.
|BSc/MSc WUR Students*||€ 60|
|WUR Employees||€ 250|
|Standard fee||€ 275|
* This €60 fee applies only to students with a signed authorisation form. Students pay €60 if they need this language course for an internship/thesis abroad. The internship/thesis must be part of their prescribed study programme/approved set of MSc examination subjects. The form must be signed by the thesis or internship supervisor.
Prior to registration
To ensure that new course participants are placed into the appropriate course, they are required to take a free course level assessment. An intake interview (optionally by telephone) will also take place. You cannot register for a course until you have taken this course level assessment. Please contact our Service Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org / 0317-482552) to schedule an appointment.