Essential questions are to what extend farm management and practices and landscape complexity can attribute to pest regulation.
This must result in concrete advices in concrete advices in pest management strategies on landscape level as well as design of sound ecosystem management for pest management.
- The results will give insight to what extend farm management and landscape features affect pest regulation in Brussels sprouts.
- Dispersion insects: Primer note plus article on the results on cabbage aphid populations at several cruciferous crops will give us insight to what extend there is exchange between the crops.
- Habitat quality: the results will allow formulation of guidelines for the management of for example linear landscape elements and field margins maximising the functioning of these elements as sources of natural enemies.
- Dispersal quality will be estimated by release of high numbers of marked parasitoids (Diadegma), in a structured landscape and analysis of the spatial pattern of recaptured individuals.
- Software module for the quantification of the intensity for pest control in landscapes with different green vein networks.
Together wit BIOMETRIS datasets will be analyzed to get more insight the landscape and the management have an effect on the pests in Brussels sprouts.
We investigate if there is exchange of populations of the diamond back moth in Brussels sprouts and a second cruciferous crop (red kale) and cruciferous crops in field margins. We are analyzing the relation between genetic distance and the geographic distance.
We investigate the relation between the quality of the green-veining of the landscape for reproduction (habitat quality) as well as for dispersal (dispersal quality) of natural enemies of pest species in cabbage. For the habitat quality we focus on the relations between type, structure and location of landscape elements and the population dynamics of natural enemies throughout the year. Presence and effectiveness of natural enemies will be established bringing plants with diamondback moth larvae and/or Cabbage moth eggs into the veins.
Using a geographic information system (GIS) system the ecosystem service pest management will be quantified "mapping biocontrol" in relation with the green vein network.
A fast approach to estimating functional connectivity from patch metrics and movement-dependent functions for patch encounter ratesIn: Ecological Networks: Science and Practice. - Edinburgh : IALE UK - ISBN 9780954713058 - p. 11 - 16.
De betekenis van agrarisch natuurbeheer voor bijen en wespen op een melkveebedrijf in de GraafschapEntomologische Berichten 67 (2007). - ISSN 0013-8827 - p. 198 - 203.
Hoe ver en hoeveel? Verspreiding en infecties van koolluis in Nederland, Thema: Functionele biodiversiteit BO-12.03-004-001a: S.n.
Plaagbeheersing in het agrarische landschap, Thema: Functionele biodiversiteit BO-12.03-004-001b: S.n.
Ziektewering in de bodemIn: Denkend aan ... verduurzaming, productie en transitie 2008 / , van der Peet, G.F.V.. - Lelystad : Animal Sciences Group - ISBN 9789085854838 - p. 26 - 27.