How to make fire prevention enticing
PhD research by Hugo Lambrechts
Temperature increases in the north of Europe are leading to an increase in the frequency and extent of fires.
The main objective is to study the lesson fire prevention can learn from flood prevention and water management and explore other measures that make fire prevention more attractive enabling stakeholders and policy makers to take action and benefit society.
- Evaluate the potential for using flood risk prevention to improve fire prevention.
- Asses need for climate information services in fire prevention.
- Use Payment for Environmental Services in fire prevention.
- Creating a serious game for policy makers and land managers.
- Recommendations for use of flood risk prevention and water management systems for improved fire prevention.
- Potential for adoption of climate information services in fire prevention.
- Use of Payment for Environmental Services makes fire prevention more attractive.
- A serious game that make fire prevention more attractive, enabling stakeholders and policy makers to take action