FQD-20804 Quality Systems Operations
Profile of the course
Quality and safety are essential conditions to each industry, company or establishment dealing with agricultural and food products. Different systems have been developed to assure the quality and safety of the foods produced. These foods are not made from start to finish in one company, but they are made in a food production chain, which involves many steps from primary production at the farm to consumer. Food quality assurance systems have therefore been developed to take into account the complete food production chain. This course will give an introduction into the principles behind effective operational quality systems in these complex food production chains.
Major theoretical topics of the course include:
- relation between food properties and quality attributes
- basic principles of operations management
- principles of major technological tools, methods, techniques in quality control and inspection
- introduction to major quality assurance standards (HACCP, ISO9001, ISO22000)
- traceability of food products in the food production chain
In addition, the course contains assignments related to these 5 topics. The assignment will
serve as a basis for critical analysis of factors influencing the actual operation of the
implemented quality system.