Ethiopia sesame sector assessment
Sesame Alerts identify current challenges and outline urgent action needed in the Ethiopian sesame sector, based on surveys and focus group discussions with various stakeholders.
Below, please find the most recent sesame alert for Ethiopia with key actions defined. You can also download the complete assessment.
Rapid Assessments are conducted at the country level through survey and focus group discussions (FGDs). In its approach the Rapid Assessments are inspired by the sector model developed by AidEnvironment. This model is adapted by the Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation (WCDI) to a variety of sectors. Read more about the methodology on our page 'Rapid assessments: methodology'.
The latest sesame sector assessment
Read the sesame alert of October 2020 for Ethiopia, with key actions defined. Read the full assessment (PDF):
Want to know more?
- [Newsitem] COVID-19 implications threaten the Ethiopian sesame sector
- [Page] The effects of COVID-19 on food systems: rapid assessments
- [Methodology] Rapid assessments: methodology
- [Seed sector assessment] Ethiopia
- [Fertilizer sector assessment] Ethiopia
- [Expertise] Guiding sector transformation
- [Newsitem] COVID-19: Rapid assessments highlight immediate impacts of crisis on the seed sector