Market Shock Assessment: anticipate unexpected turns for your business
How prepared are you for business risks? Do you have sufficient resilience and agility in place to cope with and respond to external disruptions? COVID-19 has obviously been the most recent market shock and who’s to say what other pandemics are now around the corner. But recent political shocks such as Brexit, occurring diseases like banana fungus and insect plagues are also having their impact. Being prepared is half the victory and having a strategy that anticipates the challenges ahead is vital.
- Unfortunately, your cookie settings do not allow videos to be displayed. - check your settings
This is just one piece of the Market Intelligence puzzle. If you're curious about how the whole puzzle fits together, visit: Market Intelligence: a comprehensive view of the future.
Market Shock Assessment is a knowledge and data-driven approach for the early recognition of market risks in the agri-food domain. The combination of methods and models used are customised to your requirements based on research and novel data sources such as social media. We tap into a wealth of independent data as well as the unrivalled bank of knowledge within WUR. An advanced array of tooling is deployed and our worldwide network of experts is consulted on factors related to potential shocks and policy making.
Input for effective rapid action planning is then provided that allow you to:
- Determine worldwide market risk reduction strategies (sourcing, logistics, financial, consumption and so on) under various scenarios
- Establish early-warning dashboards and develop preventive measures and action plans for critical business processes and hotspots
- Evaluate impact and simulate the effect of different control strategies and contingency plans
A practical example: burger company investing in
In a nutshell
A Market Shock Assessment from Wageningen Economic Research enables you to
- Develop market scenarios showing the likely consequences of external disruptions
- Access future-proof business modelling tools to make strategies more agile and resilient
- Monitor market functioning
- Understand the impact of market disruptions and/or your marketing efforts; support with planning your responses to changing events.