Monitor Consumer Behaviour
Insight into the consumer use of your products is often the key to commercial success. Consumer needs and expectations are constantly changing. Does your retail approach or shelf display meet the needs of your customer? Or would minor modifications to your shelf or pricing strategy lead to more purchases, higher margins and higher customer satisfaction? And once the customer has purchased your product, do you really know how it is being used at home? Who is using your product? When is it being used and how is it being used?
Wageningen Economic Research will help you to answer these questions so that you can use the insights that you have acquired to tailor your supply to better match your demand.
From near-time measurement to virtual shelf tests
We can provide a detailed and reliable overview of the consumption, use and acceptance of new and existing food products. For this purpose, we use internationally accessible consumer panels. We are also developing advanced methods and apps that are based on the latest technological and scientific knowledge. This enables us to provide an effective and honest portrayal of the consumer’s relationship to your products and includes an app that uses near-time measurements that provide an accurate overview of consumer consumption patterns in a respondent-friendly manner.
We are also using virtual reality in shelf tests to gain insight into consumer purchasing behaviour in different retail environments and under different conditions. As a result, we are able to simulate retail environments and test point-of-sales materials quickly and cost-effectively. This allows us to identify consumer behaviour towards your product and the factors that determine and influence purchasing behaviour.
Why choose Wageningen Economic Research:
- Evidence-based insights into consumer behaviour towards your product for different purchasing situations and consumer moments
- Decades of being a front-runner in innovative global market and consumer research
- Extensive network of experts and a unique knowledge of global agricultural and food markets
- State-of-the-art data and models, apps and domain expertise
- [News] Alternative proteins are increasingly accepted but consumption is lagging behind
- [News] Sustainable Nutrition Monitor 2019
- [Publication] Nutrition and health advice: Personalised approach more effective than one-size-fits-all approaches
- [News] Appreciation of the food and agriculture sector increases, following years of decline
- [News] In the UK, onions are eaten relatively often
- [Expertise] Consumer research on nutritional behaviour
- [Expertise] Personalised nutrition
- [Expertise] Consumer insights by Food & Biobased Research
- [Dossier] Consumer behaviour
- [Website] Personalised nutrition and health
- [App] FoodProfiler