FoodProfiler provides insight into who eats food and what, where, why and how it is eaten
More detailed information about consumption patterns will help to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of policies and strategies in the fields of health, sustainability and product development. Consumers are increasingly looking for information about their diet and the impact of their choices. Wageningen University & Research developed a new method to collect data on food consumption patterns: FoodProfiler.
FoodProfiler for consumers, researchers and companies
Which insights does the FoodProfiler provide?
- What? How often do consumers eat food in product category X?
- Why? What are the motivations?
- When? What time of day and are there any long-term trends?
- How? Ratio of product category X to other categories
- Who? Examples include differences between men and women or between cities