FarmDigital for easy exchange of certification data
Entrepreneurs active in the agricultural sector spend more and more of their time registering and publishing all kinds of data, as the government, certification bodies, banks, clients, the retail sector and consumers all want to have more insight into how safe and sustainable their food is.
FarmDigital was an action research programme (2015-2017) in which we worked towards a situation in which data only needs to be entered once and can be shared easily. At this page you find an overview of the results we have realised in standardising data and developing and implementing an independent, digital platform for agriculture and horticulture. The programme developed standards for exchanging certification data, set up a proof of concept in AgriPlace and mapped out the business models that form the basis of these. Feel free to contact us when you want more information on the topic or need support in your own data challenges.
- One simple farm interface to collect data for all requirements
- Farmer owns data and needs to enter only once
- Data and evidence linked between standards
- Tailor-made messages compiled form standardised messages
- FarmDigital designed and test new ways of growers’ data collection and sharing
- Open information Architecture
- Proof of Concept
- Business model
- [Report] Compliance to international certification schemes mapped
- [Report] An updated generic architecture describing compliance in Agri-Food Supply Chains
- [In-depth study] Analysing compliance schemes
- [Study] Impact Assessment for Digital Compliance Platform: A Conceptual Model
- [Study] Business modelling for a digital compliance platform: Taking stock and looking forward
- [Study] Digital compliance: Perspectives of key stakeholders
- [Paper] Governance of Data Harvesting Initiatives in Agrifood Chains
Partners of FarmDigital
FarmDigital was a public-private cooperation within the Dutch top sector policy. Standardisation authorities, certification bodies, business communities and scientific groups all worked together within FarmDigital under the direction of Wageningen Economic Research.
- Agrico B.V
- Vereniging AgroConnect
- Stichting Platform AGF Keteninformatie (Frug I Com)
- Stichting People 4 Earth
- Wageningen Economic Research
- Wageningen Livestock Research
- J.M. Levarht & Zonen B.V.
- ISACert NAK AGRO
- Control Union Certifications B.V.
- GLOBALG.A.P./ FoodPLUS GmbH
- Stichting SKAL
- Countus Accountants + Adviseurs B.V.
- Stichting Bionext
- CROP-R B.V.
- Stichting Veldleeuwerik
- Stichting Rabobank Foundation
- Gourmet B.V.
- ICCO Coöperatie
- Jumbo Supermarkten Holding B.V.
- NSF International
- Staay Food Group
- Organic Trade Company Holland B.V.
- N&S del Trópico S.A.