Using our expertise on blue and green approaches to nature-based design for cities, we build an evidence base on the costs and benefits of designing climate-resilient cities.
Climate change is a long-term challenge. Stop-gap measures only help in the short term. Wageningen Environmental Research uses a landscape-based approach to help urban planners and local authorities make cities more robust in the face of increasing weather extremes.
- Identifying weak spots that will be affected by climate extremes
- Visualisation of climate information to facilitate planning processes
- Cooling cities by smart management of urban waterways
- Reducing damage caused by excess runoff water by planting trees
- Vaporising water for a cooling effect
- Creating wadis for water storage
Download our fact sheet
- Unfortunately, your cookie settings do not allow videos to be displayed. - check your settings