Student information

Continuing for the MSc degree

There may be opportunities to continue for an MSc degree at Wageningen University as a follow-up of your exchange programme.

The MSc degree from Wageningen University is known worldwide and recognized when applying for jobs. All international master programmes at Wageningen University are accredited by the Dutch Ministry of Education.

Staying in Wageningen

If you are thinking of staying in Wageningen after your exchange at Wageningen University to complete the MSc programme at WU, the first thing you should do is contact the MSc director or study advisor of the MSc programme you wish to attend. They can tell you in advance what your chances are of being admitted to the programme. In general, if you have studied at least 3 years on BSc level and obtained good marks for the courses you attended at Wageningen University you have a good chance in being admitted. You should discuss your study programme, possibilities for exemptions ed. with the programme director/study advisor so that you have a realistic idea of how long it will take you to finish the MSc programme. You should also notify your exchange coordinator at WU, he/she can help you to get through the procedures. Don't forget to discuss your plans with your home university.

In principle you can study at Wageningen University through LLP-Erasmus exchange programme for a period of up to 12 months. You do not have to pay tuition fees when registered at Wageningen University as an Exchange Student. Thus, if you wish to complete the MSc programme, it is advisable to prolong your stay as an Exchange student at Wageningen University until the end of the academic year. You will have to arrange the extension of the exchange period with the exchange coordinator of your own home university who will in turn notify the exchange coordinator of Wageningen University. The exchange coordinator of Wageningen University will write a statement that the prolongation of your stay is accepted and will notify the Student Service Centre (SSC).

Ofcourse, your home exchange coordinator should agree with your plans to finish the MSc degree at Wageningen University. Your home exchange coordinator can inform you on the requirements for obtaining a second MSc degree from your home university, please make sure that you are informed well before you make your decision.


Please see the MSc admission requirements. In general you will have to meet the following requirements:

  • BSc level (minimum of 3 years of study in your home institution)
  • Good working knowledge of the English language and
  • Good results in the first year of your study at Wageningen University.

You should submit your application to the Academic Committee on Admissions. Complete the MSc application form and submit the following documents:

  • Bachelor degree (or equivalent; minimum of 180 ECTS)
  • Transcript of academic record
  • English language proficiency test results – tests can be taken at Language Services
  • Statement of motivation
  • Curriculum vitae

Fees, regulations & grant

Tuition fees

In the Netherlands, an annual tuition fee must be paid for university education. When registered as a regular student you will have to pay these tuition fees. The amount depends on your nationality, EU/EFTA or non-EU/EFTA.

Regulations for enrollment non-regular and regular.

If you want more information about the regulations for enrollment please click one of the following links:

Study Grant

As an EU student you might be eligible for a DUO IB-Group Study grant.