Would you like to understand how refrigerated transport equipment works? Would you like to learn how your settings affect the climate conditions during reefer transport? Than this course is ideal for you. Temperature controlled transport by reefer containers and trucks is an important topic in the logistics chain of temperature sensitive goods. Extended knowledge on the complex subject of refrigeration helps to improve climate control and energy efficiency in a safe manner, extend shelf life and minimize waste.
Why follow this online course?
The aim of this course is to:
- Learn the basics of refrigerated transport technology.
- Understand how to apply this technology to control temperature, humidity and gas atmosphere conditions during transportation in an energy efficient way leading to optimisation of the total cold chain.
The climate chamber test learnings that are used in this course give you unique insights and learning experience.
For whom is this online course?
This online course is designed for professionals responsible for and/or interested in reefer transport of fresh in temperature controlled cargoes e.g. fruits, meat, fish, seafood, vegetables, dairy and non-food products e.g. flowers and pharmaceuticals. Both technical and non-engineering educated professionals can join this course.
Programme and topics
This course offers you an attractive mix of live online sessions and self-study. The live online sessions are with experts and other students. The self-study is build up with pre-recorded presentations, readings, quizzes and assignments. Throughout the course you can interact on the learning platform directly with other students and experts via a discussion forum. Together you will explore the future challenges of:
- Using refrigerated transport to full effectiveness
- Thermodynamics principles of refrigeration systems
- Insights in advanced conditioning technologies
During the course 3 live sessions are scheduled:
- General live kick-off with course leaders on Thursday 9 June, from then onwards you have access to all the learning materials.
- Live Q&A sessions with experts on 23 June and 5 July.
All joined sessions start at 12.00 (CEST / UTC+2) and last up to 2 hours. The sessions are recorded and can be watched later.
We highly recommend you to follow the general class outline and attend all live sessions to get the most out of your learning experience.
For a full overview of the schedule, topics and speakers download the flyer.
Course leader and experts
The course leader is ir. E. H. (Eelke) Westra from Wageningen Food & Biobased Research. Involved experts are dr.ir. LJS (Leo) Lukasse and ir. EB (Edo) Wissink, also from Wageningen Food & Biobased Research.