Course Refrigerated Transport Technology
Would you like to understand how refrigerated transport equipment works? Would you like to learn how your settings affect the climate conditions during reefer transport? Than this course is ideal for you. Temperature controlled transport by reefer containers and trucks is an important topic in the logistics chain of temperature sensitive goods. Extended knowledge on the complex subject of refrigeration helps to improve climate control and energy efficiency in a safe manner, extend shelf life and minimise waste.
Registration deadline: 15 October 2023
Why follow this course?
The aim of this course is to:
- Learn the basics of refrigerated transport technology.
- Understand how to apply this technology to control temperature, humidity and gas atmosphere conditions during transportation in an energy efficient way leading to optimisation of the total cold chain.
Our climate chamber test learnings that are used in this course give you unique insights and learning experience.
Is this course for you?
This online course is designed for professionals responsible for and/or interested in reefer transport of temperature controlled cargoes e.g. fruits, meat, fish, seafood, vegetables, dairy and non-food products e.g. flowers and pharmaceuticals. Both technical and non-engineering educated professionals can join this course.
If you prefer to follow this course in on on-campus setting please look at the website of the On-campus Course Refrigerated Transport Technology.
Programme & topics
This course offers you an attractive mix of live online sessions and self-study. The live online sessions are with experts and other students. The online self-study is built up with pre-recorded presentations, readings, quizzes and assignments. Throughout the course you can interact on the learning platform directly with other students and experts via a discussion forum. Together you will explore the future challenges of:
- Using refrigerated transport to full effectiveness
- Thermodynamics principles of refrigeration systems
- Insights in advanced conditioning technologies
During the course 3 live online sessions are scheduled:
- General kick-off with course leaders on Thursday 2 November, from then onwards you have access to all the learning materials.
- Two Q&A sessions with experts on 16 November and 30 November.
All online live sessions start at 12.00 (CEST / UTC+1) and last up to 90 minutes. The sessions are recorded and can be watched later.
We highly recommend you to follow the general class outline and attend all live sessions to get the most out of your learning experience.
€675,- per person and gives you 2 months access to the online course content.
Between 15 and 60 participants.
Based on your attendance you will receive a certificate at the end of the programme.