Are you a professional in the food industry and do you want to strengthen your expertise and knowledge about aspects of product and process design? In this particular online master’s course, we will study the idea generation process and selection of a new product concept. Since this online course is part-time, you will be able to combine study and work and enhance your career.
Contents of the course
The four modules of the course on Product and Process Design focus on design aspects of food products from an integrated product and process perspective and aim at strengthening so-called T-shaped skills, i.e., the ability to tackle in-depth disciplinary technological problems in combination with the aptitude to deal with broad multi-disciplinary challenges.
Study e-learning materials with practical assignments.
You will learn to:
- apply different creative thinking techniques for the purpose of new food product development;
- explain the various stages of the new product development process;
- design and select product concepts from a consumer-oriented perspective;
- appraise products based on internal and external influences, including the company situation and competitor environment
When you want to learn more about food biotechnology and processing, other courses are interesting for you too! You can deepen your knowledge in a specific career field, without following a complete Master programme. You can register for any combination, but these are our suggestions:
- Product and Process Design – Principles of consumer-oriented food product design (PPD-DL I) (strongly recommended)
- Predicting Food Quality - Solving Food Science Problems by Modelling
After completion of two or more courses there is a unique opportunity to apply what you have learned. You can start a capstone project in consultation with a Wageningen expert in the field. It is a tailor-made project, where you will write a short paper about your results and conclusions. During this work you will be coached by the expert. Price: €1,230,-.
Level of knowledge
The language of instruction of this course is in English. Admission to the course requires a level of English as defined at the website for Dutch nationals, EU nationals or nationals outside EU/EFTA respectively.
You can complete the online master's course(s) with an exam (not obligatory) or a capstone project. If you don’t complete the course with an exam or if you do not pass the exam successfully, you can ask for a certificate of attendance. When you successfully complete the course and the exam, you are entitled to a certificate of successful completion. The certificate is included in the course price.
- Exam: 1 July 2021
- Resit exam: between 5 July 2021 and 18 July 2021
- Exam: 30 June 2022
- Resit exam: between 4 July 2022 and 17 July 2022
Meet the instructor