Richard Porter participates in the Mitofood project; a research community for nutritional optimization of mitochondrial function for health promotion and disease resistance.
Dr. Richard K. PorterSchool of Biochemistry and Immunology
Trinity College Dublin
Tel +353 1 608 1617
Fax + 353 1 677 2400
Regulation of mitochondrial efficiency in determining basal metabolism with particular emphasis on mitochondrial uncoupling protein function/regulation and their use as targets for anti-obesity and anti-type 2 diabetes strategies.
Relevant projects and functions
- Proteomics and brain mitochondria (Marie Curie)
- Project on Mitochondrial Uncoupling Proteins: Function and Regulation
- Chairman of the European Bioenergetics Conference 2008 (EBEC 2008)
- Member of the Theme Panel III (Bioenergetics and Metabolism) of the Biochemical Society
postgraduate (M), postdoctoral scientist (F)
- Murphy, J.E.J. and Porter, R.K. (2008) The control of Oxidative Phosphorylation in the Adrenal Gland Cell Line (Y1), Annals of Experimental Medicine and Biology, in the press
- Porter R.K. (2008) Uncoupling protein 1: A short-circuit in the Chemiosmotic process, The Journal of Bioenergetics and Biomembranes, 40, 457-461.