The master thesis can start as soon as possible and would be for a duration of 6 months. The thesis has to make a contribution to a paper that is to be submitted by 24 January 2013.
The Environmental Systems Analysis Group of Wageningen University is looking for a master student in the area of greenhouse gas emissions.
The master student would collect, evaluate and compare studies that share the reduction effort on greenhouse gas emissions among countries based on equity principles in order to limit global average temperature increase to 2°C. This work will result in a standalone scientific publication that will be the basis for a section in the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
The work includes contacting authors of various studies to collect and classify data and to integrate it in an already existing data base. It also includes maintenance of this database, adapting the calculation algorithms and preparation of outputs. Finally the outputs need to be interpreted and documented in the master thesis, providing input to the scientific publication.
- Interest and first experiences with international climate policy and related equity considerations
- Good IT knowledge with Excel and Matlab/R
- Ability to travel to Cologne on selected occasions
- The master thesis can start as soon as possible and would be for a duration of 6 months.
- The thesis has to make a contribution to a paper that is to be submitted by 24 January 2013.
Supervisor and contact of you are interested: Niklas Höhne