Integrated Seed Sector Development (ISSD) recognises the relevance of formal and informal seed systems and aims to balance public and private sector involvement. If you strive to broaden your international experience and strengthen your competencies to support seed sector development taking an integrated perspective, this course is an interesting opportunity.
What will you learn?
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Be able to support farmer groups in taking an entrepreneurial approach towards seed production and trade;
- Know how to strengthen private and public functions in seed sector development;
- Know how to address through partnerships and innovation institutional bottlenecks in the seed sector
- Understand how international agreements impact on domestic seed policies, seed laws and regulatory frameworks;
- Understand the opportunities for putting the ISSD-concept into practice in your own work context
For whom is this course?
The course is designed for researchers, managers, policy makers and practitioners, working in a field related to seed sector development, employed by public, private, civil society, research, education and/or development organisations. Applicants should have a BSc degree and have at least five years of relevant professional experience. Proficiency in English is required.
Course programme in more detail
Seed is an essential input for crop production. Access of farmers to affordable quality seed of improved and farmer-preferred varieties is key in increasing agricultural production and productivity. Supporting the development of a vibrant and pluralistic seed sector can substantially contribute to increasing food security and economic development in developing countries. If you strive to broaden your international experience and strengthen your competencies to support seed sector development taking an integrated perspective, this course is an interesting opportunity.
Courses are currently online
Our courses are currently online. Check the course details for more information about the online course format.
Application for this course
On top of this page you can apply for the course 'Guiding Seed Sector Transformation'. Depending on your nationality, your organisation and the type of course you wish to join, your eligibility and the application procedures may differ. Find out more about the requirements and the application process.