We are delighted to invite you to attend the VII International Conference Postharvest Unlimited & XII International Symposium on Postharvest Quality of Ornamental Plants, at 14-17th of May 2023, respectively. Both are jointly organized under the aegis of the International Society for Horticultural Science (ISHS).
New! Confirmed speakers:
- Sjoukje Heimovaara, Wageningen University and Research, the Netherlands
- Thijs Defraeye, EMPA, Switserland
- Leo Lukasse, Wageningen University and Research, The Netherlands
- Fisun Celikel, Ondokuz Mayis University, Turkey
- Dimitrios Fanourakis, Hellenic Mediterranean University, Greece
- Bart Nicolai, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Paul Arens, Wageningen University and Research, The Netherlands
- Rick van de Zedde, Wageningen University and Research, The Netherlands
- Brian Farneti, Fondazione Edmund Mach, Italy
- Romina Pedreschi, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, Chili
- Ernst Woltering, Wageningen University and Research, the Netherlands
- Julian Verdonk, Wageningen University and Research, the Netherlands
- Puneet Mishra, Wageningen University and Research, the Netherlands
The Postharvest Unlimited Conference and the Postharvest Ornamentals Symposium will for the first time take place simultaneously, in joined and parallel sessions. The events will take place in Wageningen – The Netherlands, allowing you to visit our state-of-the-art research facilities regarding postharvest physiology, technology, vision and robotics at the campus of Wageningen University & Research.
These will be hybrid events, allowing you to visit either live or online. Both will be comprised of plenary and parallel sessions, workshops and poster display sessions that are expected to provide new knowledge and promote scientific dialogues. During the event we will tackle the main issues related to postharvest research and management of fruits, vegetables and ornamentals.
The main topics are
- System biology approaches and new insights in postharvest physiology
- Innovations in postharvest technology and engineering
- Breeding for postharvest quality, including -omics and gene editing techniques
- High throughput & non-destructive postharvest phenotyping & robotics
- Sustainability of fresh products in the chain
- Health and nutrition
- Growing for quality (interactions between pre- & post-harvest factors)
- Quality modelling and digital twins
- Technology (high-, mid- & low-tech)
About Wageningen University & Research
Wageningen University & Research is one of the leading centres for postharvest physiology, technology & engineering. We aim to bring together researchers from diverse fields of study who share a common interest in postharvest science of fruits, vegetables and ornamentals, hopefully in post-corona times. This is the opportunity for scientists, professionals and students to present their latest findings and promote the exchange of ideas and international cooperation and collaboration.
Both events will be held in Wageningen, the Netherlands, under the auspices of the International Society of Horticultural Science (ISHS).
Call for abstracts
The preliminary programma is available.
Visiting the Netherlands
Apart from the science, visiting The Netherlands also gives you the opportunity to enjoy The Amsterdam Canals, the 18th Century Dutch Windmills at Kinderdijk or to wander around in our National Park with famous musea showing paintings from Rembrandt & Van Gogh. Last but not least, it is a great opportunity to come a few days earlier and visit the most beautiful spring garden in the world; the Keukenhof.
We expect about 250 participants from over 40 countries.
We are looking forward to welcome you in May 2023 in Wageningen!