We are looking for
Are you an enthusiastic and experienced lecturer who can support our courses related to food and agri-food law and be involved in theses and internships supervision?
We are looking for a Lecturer in EU and international agri-food law, specifically for courses on food law; the regulation of food value chains; and global trade. Capacity to teach in other related areas such as environmental law, intellectual property, consumer law and/or agricultural law is welcomed. Additionally, you will be involved in the supervision of MSc theses and internships, specifically for students in our Master specialization Food Law & Regulatory Affairs.
The Law Group in the Department of Social Sciences at Wageningen University has an internationally recognised reputation in the area of legal research and education. Our faculty focuses on legal solutions to social problems, including those studied in life sciences domains. These issues touch on every aspect of the law, which means that we have collective expertise on matters relating to EU law, environmental law, food law, energy law, international law, WTO law, intellectual property law, consumer law, private regulation and human rights law. The research of the group is also strongly interdisciplinary, with faculty and students from all over the world.
We offer the opportunity for lecturers to participate in the Education Career Path – a tenure track specifically designed for lecturers.
You will strengthen our team when you:
- have a PhD degree in law (or known graduation date);
- have affinity with WUR’s mission to improve the living environment and related social challenges, and a vision on how law can plan a role in this mission, and the research opportunities this provides;
- have experience and affinity with delivering high quality education at BSc and MSc levels, including supervising BSc and MSc students;
- have excellent communication and social skills;
- are a strong team player, personable, and willing to contribute to the wider interests of the group;
- preferably have experience with developing educational programs for professionals.
This position requires an excellent English language proficiency (a minimum of CEFR C2 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page.
An exciting position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of €2.790,- to a maximum of €4.402,- for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Wageningen University (scale 10). An appointment at 0.8 FTE can be considered. We also offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural end-of year bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities, such as professional training towards obtaining a university teaching qualification (UTQ) and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours that we determine together in good consultation;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes, e.g. the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra for extra leave;
- a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- make use of the sports facilities on campus for a small fee.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen University & Research is the university and research center for life sciences. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees. Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, known as the 30% ruling. Our team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for yourself and, if applicable, for your family.
Feeling welcome also has everything to do with being well informed. Wageningen University & Research's International Community page contains (practical) information about what we can do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen. Furthermore, we can assist you with any additional advice and information about helping your partner to find a job, housing, schooling and other issues.
For more information about this function you can contact Prof. dr. Josephine van Zeben via telephone number +31 (0)317 488059; e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or dr. Hanna Schebesta via email@example.com.
For more information about the procedure you can contact Sandra Willemsen, Corporate recruiter or Bianca Aversteeg, Recruitment support via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to apply?
This can be done directly via the application button at the vacancy on our website so that we can process your personal data with your permission.
This vacancy is open up to and including the 24th of January, 2021. The job interviews are planned for 12th of February, 2021 in Wageningen or via MS Teams (depending on COVID restrictions). Please indicate your availability for this date in your application letter. The alternate interview date will be the 5th of February, 2021.
Members of the search committee:
- Prof. dr. Josephine van Zeben (chair)
- Dr. Hanna Schebesta
- Dr. Nadia Bernaz
- Dr. Maria José Plana Casado
We are an employer that offers equal opportunities. We are happy to receive applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of race, gender, functional impairment, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive working environment makes us a more relevant, competitive and resilient organization. Click here for more information about working at WUR with a functional impairment.
The mission of our University is to explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life. Within Wageningen University & Research, nine specialised research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
With approximately 30 locations, 6.500 employees, and 12.500 students, it is one of the leading organisations in its domain worldwide. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of the unique approach of Wageningen. We have been named Best Employer in Education category 2019-2020.
Click here for more information about working at Wageningen University & Research. More information about Wageningen Campus you can find here.
We do the recruiting for this vacancy ourselves. Please do not contact us for sales purposes.