We are looking for
What if you could share your knowledge and enthusiasm of marketing, consumer behaviour and/or consumer psychology with the next generation of researchers?
Wageningen University is a top class university, ranking among the world's leading institutions in the food, agri and environmental domains. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious marketing and consumer behaviour teacher who would like to join our Marketing and Consumer Behaviour group.
The Wageningen University Marketing and Consumer Behaviour group is one of the leading research groups in the fields of agriculture and food worldwide. Our group is unique in not only making essential theoretical contributions in the top journals of multiple research fields such as Marketing, Consumer Behaviour, Agricultural Economics, Food Sciences, and Psychology, it also emphasizes social impact of research ("Science for Impact", see www.wur.nl) and a commitment to excellent teaching.
The position will consist primarily of supervising bachelor and master thesis students. The focus here is to teach students how to develop research projects where they apply theories and concepts related to consumer behavior and marketing. The person appointed will also be expected to deliver lectures and tutorials and contribute to teaching administration.
We expect you to have:
• a relevant background to build on, such as marketing, consumer behaviour, or consumer psychology
• a PhD degree on a relevant subject
• a good statistical and theoretical background and knowledge of various research methodologies
• an interest in student-focused teaching
• experience of working on research/teaching projects is valued
• active knowledge of English (spoken and written, a mininum of CEFR C2 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page.
A challenging position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary with a maximum of € 4274 for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 10). This is a temporary position with the prospect of a permanent employment contract.
In addition, we offer:
• 8% holiday allowance;
• a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
• excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
• flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
• excellent pension plan through ABP;
• 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
• a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
• a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
• a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
• use the sports facilities on campus.
Wageningen University & Research stimulates internal career opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are ample opportunities for own initiative in a learning environment.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Please respond to this vacancy though our website: https://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm.
For more information about this function, please contact Dr Ellen van Kleef, Associate Professor, telephone +31 317 482 205 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the procedure, please contact Karin den Ridder, HR advisor, e-mail email@example.com.
For further information about working at Wageningen University & Research, take a look at: https://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs.htm.
This vacancy is open until 24th of June 2019. The first job interviews will take place between 1st and 8th of July 2019.
The mission of Wageningen University & Research is “To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life”. Within Wageningen University & Research, nine specialised research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
With approximately 30 locations, 5,000 employees, and 10,000 students, Wageningen University & Research is one of the leading organisations in its domain worldwide. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of the unique approach of Wageningen.
For further information about working at Wageningen University & Research, take a look at the special career site.
General information about the Marketing and Consumer Behaviour group can be found on https://www.wur.nl/en/Research-Results/Chair-groups/Social-Sciences/Marketing-and-Consumer-Behaviour-Group.htm.