We are looking for
Do you want to contribute to a more sustainable fruits and vegetables sector in Europe?
CO-FRESH is the acronym for the Horizon 2020 project “Co-creating sustainable and competitive fruits and vegetables’ value chains in Europe”. From October 2020 until March 2024, CO-FRESH aims to promote more sustainable and efficient agri-food value chains through:
- promoting collaborative models that support the achievement of sustainability objectives through the smart combination of technological and non-technological innovations;
- designing, testing and assessing 7 innovative business models;
- improving value chain transparency using multi-user apps for product traceability along the value chain;
- enhancing the fair distribution of costs, benefits and risks along the value chain;
- developing a portfolio of innovative business models that enhance sustainability and competitiveness of agri-food value chains;
- delivering insights in innovative and sustainable agri-food value chains, that generate socio-economic benefits for the actors involved (notably farmers).
You will carry out a major share of the WP1 work. More specifically, your work includes the following tasks:
- write a review of the state of the art;
- identify innovative agri-food value chains and collect empirical data on these chains;
- analyse the data and design the framework;
- develop a portfolio of innovative sustainable business models.
We are looking for a researcher with the following key qualifications:
- relevant PhD degree in business studies, organisation studies, innovation management or economics;
- keen interest in organisation, sustainability, innovation, collaboration, business models and ecosystem research;
- knowledge and experience with qualititative research methods;
- experienced in working in international and multidisciplinary projects is an advantage;
- familiarity with engaged scholarship is an advantage;
- proven track record of (potential) publications in innovation, management and/or organisation studies journals;
- strong oral and written communication skills in English.
A challenging position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of €2.709,- to a maximum of €4.274,- for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 10). An appointment of 0.8 FTE is negotiable. On full-time base the contract will last 3 years, we start with a contract for one year. With a part-time appointment, the contract will be 3.5 years. In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural end-of year bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours that we determine together in good consultation;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes, e.g. the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra for extra leave;
- a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace on the Wageningen Campus;
- make use of the sports facilities on campus for a small fee.
For this position you will be located at Wageningen, within the Business Management & Organisation Group. More information about our chair group you will find here. The BMO project team consist of Jos Bijman, Maral Mahdad and Domenico Dentoni.
For more information about this function you can contact Dr. Jos Bijman, BMO Group, project leader, via email@example.com (or contact one of the other project team members)
For more information about the procedure you can contact Sandra Willemsen, Recruiter SSG or Bianca Aversteeg, Recruitment support via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to apply?
This can be done directly via the application button at the vacancy on our website so that we can process your personal data with your permission.
This vacancy is open up to and including the 16th of August, 2020. We want to plan the first job interviews on the 17th of August, 2020. A possible second interview will take place later in August 2020.
We have the intention to start with this position at the 1st of October, 2020.
Equal opportunities employer
We are an employer that offers equal opportunities. We are happy to receive applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of race, gender, functional impairment, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive working environment makes us a more relevant, competitive and resilient organization. Click here for more information about working at WUR with a functional impairment.
The mission of our University is to explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life. Within Wageningen University & Research, nine specialised research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
With approximately 30 locations, 6.500 employees, and 12.000 students, it is one of the leading organisations in its domain worldwide. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of the unique approach of Wageningen. We have been named Best Employer in Education category 2019-2020.
Click here for more information about working at Wageningen University & Research. More information about Wageningen Campus you can find here.
We do the recruiting for this vacancy ourselves. Please do not contact us for sales purposes.