We are looking for
Are you experienced with GC- or LC-MS? Do you want to further improve your skills and knowledge
in analytical chemistry? Would you like to know everything about pesticides, contaminants or natural toxins in feed and food? Maybe then you are the one we are looking for to join one of our
research teams! We have vacancies for Research Analyst Analytical Chemistry.
What we do
In our projects we are developing and improving analytical methods for pesticides, process and environmental contaminants (like PFAS) or natural toxins (like mycotoxins). In doing this we are prepared to handle the new challenges regarding food and feed safety, for example in relation to the circular economy or climate changes. Being able to analyse traditional and new compounds is therefore an essential part of our work.
What you will do
As a research analyst you will have, among others, the following tasks and responsibilities
- Participate in research projects, as well as execute ad hoc support analyses.
- Execute lab experiments related to contaminant analyses under quality assurance system ISO 17025.
- Analyse, interpret, report and discuss pro-actively results with experts and project teams, including advice for next steps.
- Advice colleagues on the application of analytical techniques and methods
- Responsibility for critical evaluation of equipment, methods and techniques; pro-actively propose points for improvement.
flexibility are core characteristics of the team. As research analyst you will work in projects in close
collaboration with other research analysts and with colleagues from other groups like bioassays, agrochains and nutrient analyses, research groups.
- A bachelor level in analytical chemistry (BSc).
- Work experience in LC- and/or GC-MS analyses of contaminants/residues.
- Preferably at least 3 years work experience in a research environment, like pharma or food.
- Affinity with statistics and data analysis is a plus.
- Effective communication skills in English (B2 level).
- A team player with a hands-on attitude, with the following key competences: accurate, result oriented, analytical, well-organised, open attitude and willingness to learn.
An interesting and dynamic position, covering different topics, within a team of engaged colleagues.
We offer a position for one year. After this extension will be considered based on demonstrated
performance and ongoing projects. Indicative gross salary between € 2717,- and €3615,-(scale 8 collective labour agreement) per month, depending on the background and experience of the candidate. In addition, we offer:
• 8% holiday allowance;
• end-of-year bonus of 3%;
• excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
• flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an
optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
• excellent pension plan through ABP;
• 171 vacation hours, the possibility to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
• the possibility to work a maximum of 40 hours per week and in this way build up a maximum of 204 compensation hours per year;
• a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a
• a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place
on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are
• make use of the sports facilities on campus.
Wageningen University & Research stimulates internal career opportunities and mobility with an
internal recruitment policy. There are ample opportunities for own initiative in a learning
environment. We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a
pleasant and open working atmosphere.
DO YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION?
For more information about this position please contact dr. Linda Stolker (business unit manager,
phone +31317 – 48 03 90, Linda.firstname.lastname@example.org). General information about WFSR can be found at
if you are interested in this vacancy, apply via http://www.wur.nl/nl/Werken-bij/Vacatures.htm.
This vacancy is open until november 30, 2020. If you are interested, do not wait to apply until that
date, because if a suitable candidate applies, we will start interviewing.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.