We are looking for
Do you want to contribute professionally to a sustainable future, as a scientist and project leader? Are you skilled in membrane separation technologies and eager to put your skills into practice to work on themes like water, circularity, carbon neutrality, protein transition and the like? If yes – we are looking for you to join our team!
We are looking for an enthusiastic scientist/project leader membrane separation technologies to complement our group Bioconversion within the Wageningen Food and Biobased Research institute. Annually, we perform dozens of applied research projects, each of which is staffed with a dedicated team of scientists and led by a matching project leader. Together, we contribute to sustainable solutions for national and global challenges. You will become a member of the Separation and Purification (S&P) expertise team. This team has all the capabilities needed and is embedded in the Water cluster of Wageningen University and Research.
Your work will be:
- performing applied research in the field of membrane separation technologies to provide solutions for our customers. Initially, desk research and lab tests are intertwined elements of your work;
- leading projects in the areas outlined above. You rely on the collective knowledge among your team members, and they rely on your managerial and personal skills to forge an effective team. Internally, you achieve project goals on time and within budget, with a keen eye for opportunities for personal growth of team members. Externally, customer contact and the reporting & presentation of results are important elements of your work;
- acting as a linking pin towards colleagues who are active in various domains. The S&P group’s research is highly multidisciplinary, crossing boundaries between a variety of expertises that reside within the Biobased Products but also the Food domains;
- acquiring new projects together with our Business Development Managers. You therefore must have convincing and negotiation potential with customers and other external stakeholders.
As a scientist/project leader, you are an excellent motivator, communicator and an effective team player. Besides that, we ask:
- a PhD in design and development of membrane separation technologies;
- preferably you have experience and affinity with separation processes in the food industry;
- proficiency in the English language, both written and orally (CEFRL level C1), and strong reporting skills. Knowledge of the Dutch language is an absolute precondition;
- entrepreneurial attitude, calculated risk taker;
- drive for application and valorisation of science;
- commercial aware with an open eye for cost elements both in own project execution as well as customer’s business models;
- a flexible and stress resistant personality. This enables you to work on multiple projects simultaneously, as is common in our institute;
- self-starter and team player.
Wageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment. A few highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 4%;
- excellent pension scheme.
In addition to these first-rate employee benefits, you will of course receive a good salary. We offer, depending on your experience, a competitive gross salary of between €2836,- and €5268,- for a full-time working week of 36 hours, in accordance with the CLA Wageningen Research (scale 10-11). Additionally, a contract for 0.8 FTE can be discussed.
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a multi-faceted position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland, and in cooperation with at a university that has been chosen as the “Best University” in the Netherlands for the 16th consecutive time.
Do you want more information?
For more information about this position, please contact Chris Claesen, Manager Bioconversion, tel.: +31 317-480231, or Wilfred Appelman, Expertise Leader S&P, te.: +31 317-486625.
For more information about the procedure, please contact M. Keij, HRM department, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to apply?
You can apply directly using the apply button on the vacancy page on our website which will allow us to process your personal information with your approval.
Wageningen University & Research (WUR) employs a large number of people with very different backgrounds and qualities, who inspire and motivate each other. We want every talent to feel at home in our organisation and be offered the same career opportunities. We therefore especially welcome applications from people who are underrepresented at WUR. For more information please go to our inclusivity page. A good example of how WUR deals with inclusiveness can be read on the page working at WUR with a functional impairment.
The mission of Wageningen University and Research is “To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life”. Under the banner Wageningen University & Research, Wageningen University and the specialised research institutes of the Wageningen Research Foundation have joined forces in contributing to finding solutions to important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
With its roughly 30 branches, 6.800 employees and 12.900 students, Wageningen University & Research is one of the leading organisations in its domain. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of Wageningen’s unique approach. WUR has been named Best Employer in the Education category for 2019-2020.
Read the 5 reasons why your future colleagues enjoy working at WUR and watch this video to get an idea of our green campus!
We will recruit for the vacancy ourselves, so no employment agencies please. However, sharing in your network is appreciated.