We are looking for
Are you able to create strong relationships in the field of biobased products or water technology?
Would you be interested to utilize your entrepreneurial skills for environmental sustainability?
Discover how you can build bridges between our scientific programs and the demands in the market!
Within the circular and biobased domain we work with 250 scientific experts on innovative R&D to develop technologies for sustainable alternatives for fossil based products and solutions for topics like microplastics, biobased building blocks, side stream valorisation, circular water, etcetera, with a positive impact on our environment. Together with industries, governments and other stakeholders, we create solutions for the largest challenges the world is currently facing.
Do you want to join us in accelerating the necessary transitions and making a difference for future generations?
What are you going to do?
Your main target is to connect the world-leading knowledge of the 250 scientific experts of Wageningen Food and Biobased Research (WFBR), part of Wageningen University and Research (WUR), to the needs of our customers and prospects by making valuable project propositions. to do so, you will:
- create and follow-up leads with industrial customers. Translate trends, challenges and innovations of their market into valuable research questions;
- organise professional account management for a select number of customers to maximize impact for WUR;
- together with our experts, translate societal and business needs into new high value project propositions;
- build consortia of various international customers to work collectively on large, game-changing, research projects, allowing partners to accelerate innovation and product development by providing access to State-of-the-art technologies;
- negotiate the commercial terms of project agreements in close collaboration with the legal and financial experts of WFBR;
- develop and maintain a relevant international business network to build and expand the brand name of WUR in general and WFBR in particular, creating a market leading position in selected areas.
Who are you?
- a Business Development expert with a result-oriented and entrepreneurial attitude with strong networking skills and a high energy level;
- at least 3 years of business development/acquisition/sales experience in value-based selling, preferably in a market-oriented R&D environment;
- relevant network in the (international) biobased domain
- well-developed organisational awareness and excellent communication skills to sell our ideas both internally and externally;
- degree qualified in a relevant science area. A degree in business development or MBA or relevant work experience/proven track record in commercial skills is an important selection parameter;
- excellent writing and speaking skills in English and willingness to learn Dutch;
- excellent communication, a ‘can do’ hunter mentality, team work and pro-activeness are critical for all our people.
Wageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment. A few highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 4%;
- excellent pension scheme.
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a multi-faceted position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland, and at a university that has been chosen as the “Best University” in the Netherlands for the 17th consecutive time.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen University & Research is the university and research centre for life sciences. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees. Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, known as the 30% ruling. Our team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for yourself and, if applicable, for your family.
Feeling welcome also has everything to do with being well informed. Wageningen University & Research's International Community page contains practical information about what we can do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen. Furthermore, we can assist you with any additional advice and information about helping your partner to find a job, housing, schooling, and other issues.
Do you want more information?
For more information about this position, please contact Gerhard de Ruiter, business unit manager, tel. +31 317-489150.
For more information about the procedure, please contact Paul Snijder, Senior Recruiter, email: email@example.com.
Do you want to apply?
You can apply directly using the apply button on the vacancy page on our website which will allow us to process your personal information with your approval.
Wageningen University & Research (WUR) employs a large number of people with very different backgrounds and qualities, who inspire and motivate each other. We want every talent to feel at home in our organisation and be offered the same career opportunities. We therefore especially welcome applications from people who are underrepresented at WUR. For more information please go to our inclusivity page. A good example of how WUR deals with inclusiveness can be read on the page working at WUR with a functional impairment.
The mission of Wageningen University and Research is “To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life”. Under the banner Wageningen University & Research, Wageningen University and the specialised research institutes of the Wageningen Research Foundation have joined forces in contributing to finding solutions to important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
The mission of Wageningen University & Research is “To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life”. Under the banner Wageningen University & Research, Wageningen University and the specialised research institutes of the Wageningen Research Foundation have joined forces in contributing to finding solutions to important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment. With its roughly 30 branches, 7,200 employees (6,400 fte) and 13,200 students and over 150.000 participants to WUR’s Life Long Learning, Wageningen University & Research is one of the leading organisations in its domain. The unique Wageningen approach lies in its integrated approach to issues and the collaboration between different disciplines.
Read the 5 reasons why your future colleagues enjoy working at WUR and watch this video to get an idea of our green campus!
We will recruit for the vacancy ourselves, so no employment agencies please. However, sharing in your network is appreciated.