We are looking for
Are you an experienced Marketing & Communications Consultant with a passion for food, nutrition, and sustainability? Do you care about making a societal and social impact? Do you have a strong analytical skillset? We have a vacant Senior Marketing & Communications Consultant position.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Marketing and Communications Consultant, you will connect the internal and external worlds of nutritional science and food science. You will work on the national and international profiling of the Wageningen Food and Biobased Research (WFBR) research institute, part of Wageningen University and Research (WUR). WFBR collaborates with a variety of companies, government agencies and public bodies, and other research institutes to develop innovative solutions that are directly applicable. You will be responsible for the marketing and communication strategy for various programmes and projects regarding food technology, food quality, and health. And you will contribute to an even stronger positioning of WFBR both nationally and internationally.
Your work activities will include:
- identifying needs among research partners and identifying external developments and trends. You will then learn how to successfully translate these into marketing and activation strategies and campaigns as well;
- further developing WFBR's position in the field of nutrition, food, and health with regard to relevant stakeholders such as companies, policy makers, and trade media;
- linking WFBR's research with the university's research in order to have a greater communicative impact with regard to relevant stakeholders;
- providing strategic advice and being a sparring partner for the programme managers. You will also support the programmes in their goal of creating social and societal impact;
- increasing reach through our online and offline channels. Managing, developing, and distributing various types of content. You also know how to analyse and improve this content based on available data.
The Marketing & Communications (M&C) department is responsible for communication policy and for developing and coordinating communication programmes within the Agrotechnology & Food Sciences (AFSG) division in conjunction with WUR's overall strategy. The M&C team currently consists of five colleagues working on marketing communications, internal and external communications, press, and public relations.
An experienced marketing and communications professional to be employed for 32-36 hours per week:
- You have an academically oriented work and thought process and an interest and/or experience in or with applied research in the fields of food and nutrition technology and circularity;
- You have at least 5 years' experience in advising, implementing, and managing (strategic) marketing and/or communication projects in complex environments;
- You have an excellent command of both Dutch and English (C1 level);
- You have a strong analytical skillset and are data driven;
- You have a hands-on mentality.
Wageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment.�A few highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 4%;
- excellent pension scheme.
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a unique position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland, and at a university that has been chosen as the “Best University” in the Netherlands for the 17th consecutive time.
Do you want more information?
For more information about this position, please contact Carolien Hamelink, manager marketing & communications, telephone +31 6 285 210 15 or by e-mail: email@example.com.
For more information about the procedure, please contact Rutger Voorrips, recruiter, telephone + 31 317 480 571 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to apply?
You can apply directly using the apply button on the vacancy page on our website which will allow us to process your personal information with your approval. Don't wait to apply. We will schedule interviews as soon as we have suitable candidates.
Wageningen University & Research (WUR) employs a large number of people with very different backgrounds and qualities, who inspire and motivate each other. We want every talent to feel at home in our organisation and be offered the same career opportunities. We therefore especially welcome applications from people who are underrepresented at WUR. For more information please go to our inclusivity page. A good example of how WUR deals with inclusiveness can be read on the page working at WUR with a functional impairment.
Wageningen University & Research
The mission of Wageningen University & Research is “To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life”. Under the banner Wageningen University & Research, Wageningen University and the specialised research institutes of the Wageningen Research Foundation have joined forces in contributing to finding solutions to important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
With its roughly 30 branches, 7,200 employees (6,400 fte) and 13,200 students and over 150.000 participants to WUR’s Life Long Learning, Wageningen University & Research is one of the leading organisations in its domain. The unique Wageningen approach lies in its integrated approach to issues and the collaboration between different disciplines.. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of Wageningen’s unique approach. WUR has been named Best Employer in the Education category for 2019-2020.
These are the points our employees list as good reasons to come work at WUR: read the 5 reasons to come work at WUR
We will recruit for the vacancy ourselves, so no employment agencies please. However, sharing in your network is appreciated.