Marie Curie Reintegration Grant: Ko'-Ts’ah-Tó project (Sept 2016 - Aug 2018). Study into how plants control fire impact on soil and hydrology. With UTAD (Portugal), VU University Amsterdam (the Netherlands), University of Wollongong (Australia), Exeter University (UK), Cornell University (USA), University of Arizona (USA), and USGS (USA). For more info, please visit the project website.
Other projects and collaborations:
- Effects of wildland fire ash on soil water flow (with Cornell University, US Geological Survey)
- Fire effects and fire management (with UTAD, US Geological Survey)
- Sustainable development of perennial grass bioenergy on marginal soils of New York State (with Cornell University)
- Interaction between plant growth and soil water distribution (with the Center for Crop Systems Analysis WUR)
- Biochar and soil hydrology (with Soil Physics and Land Management WUR, Cornell University, Bahir Dar University Ethiopia)
- Visual Soil Assessment (supervising PhD candidate Maricke van Leeuwen)