Current research projects
Previous research projects
- LAUREL (2017-2020, funding by World Bank), on development of a land simulation platform to support land use planning for enhanced resilience of landscapes in Madagascar
- AfriAlliance Action Group 'Upscaling of water harvesting in Africa' (2016-2018, funding by AfriAlliance
- SOILCARE (2016-2021, funding by EU H2020), on soil improving cropping systems in Europe
- iSQAPER (2015-2020, funding by EU H2020), on interactive soil quality assessment in Europe and China
- RECARE (2013-2017, funding by EU FP7), on preventing and remediating degradation of soils in Europe through land care
- CASCADE (2012-2016, funding by EU FP7), on catastrophic shifts in Mediterranean drylands and development of management schemes for sustainable resource use and conservation of ecosystem services.
- WAHARA (2011-2016, funding by EU FP7), on water harvesting for rainfed Africa to enhance food production and resilience, with study sites in Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Tunisia and Zambia.