Development sociologist specialised in rural economic transformation processes, institutional development, organisational strengthening, farmer empowerment, farmer-led agribusiness, agricultural commodity value chain development; adopting multi-stakeholder and innovation system perspectives to understand socio-economic and institutional dynamics.
- Advisor 'Organised farmers as partners in agribusiness and innovation', concentrating on capacities of organised farmers to navigate their agribusiness.
- Key orientations : farmer empowerment, rural innovation systems and agribusiness cluster development, farmers' interfaces with other (private and public) actors along value chains and in market systems.
- Key work areas (services and abilities):
- - Approaches and tools for improving the performance of producers' organizations
- - Agribusiness cluster development and promotion of local economic dynamics
- - Action-research that supports policy elaboration and rural change processes, with emphasis on levers for making value chains more competitive, sustainable and inclusive and on strategic action research of producers' organizations
- - Monitoring and evaluation and 'navigating business' capacities
- - Capitalization of experiences and lessons learned, among others through 'writeshops'
- - Innovating agricultural development cooperation modalities and mechanisms
- - Training and courses, among others international course 'Optimizing the Performance of Producers' Organizations (OPPO)
FARE: Farmer Agency for Rural Economies