Willy Baltussen is an agricultural economist working for over 35 years at Wageningen Economic Research. He has a wide knowledge of farm economics, livestock production, agricultural supply chains and their organization. In addition, he is an experienced project manager of large, complex multi-stakeholder projects. These include:
- True and Fair Pricing: a public-private cooperation project in the Netherlands (2019-2022);
- Margins in food supply chains for the Dutch Competition Authority in 2013-2014 and 2019-2022;
- Food price and margin monitoring” for Joint Research Centre in Sevilla 2017-2019;
- Sustainability of livestock systems for TEEB 2015-2017 and for livestock in Tanzanian 2018-2019.
- DG AGRI study on Mandatory origin labelling for pig, poultry and sheep and goat meat (AGR-2012- EVAL-01) in 2013;
- DG AGRI study on Mandatory origin labelling for milk, milk used as an ingredient in dairy products, and unprocessed meat other than beef, pig, poultry, and sheep and goat meat” (AGRI-2013-EVAL- 03) in 2014;
- Evaluation of Regulation (EC) No. 1/2005 on the protection of animals during transport and related operations for DG SANCO in 2011;