The project aims to develop an integrated toolbox for mycotoxin management, prediction and control.
The contribution by Wageningen Research consists of the following elements:
- Developing a methodology for cost-efficient sampling and detection of mycotoxins in various crops
- Developing forecasting model for mycotoxins to guide risk based inspection
- Developing cost-effective analyses strategies
- (Fragmented) information on mycotoxin mitigation will be integrated into a new communication system for food safety, including smart and user-friendly ICT tools
- Collaboration with China, and with other European partners to improve knowledge acquisition and to avoid overlap
- Methodology developed and applied for cost-efficient detection of mycotoxins
- Forecasting models for various mycotoxins in grain on European level, to guide governmental and industrial risk-based monitoring
- Cost-effective sampling and analytical strategies for mycotoxins in cereals
- ICT toolbox for all actors within the chain aiming to improve mycotoxin management along the chain
The impact of management practices to prevent and control mycotoxins in the European food supply chain : MyToolBox project resultsWorld Mycotoxin Journal 14 (2021)2. - ISSN 1875-0710 - p. 139 - 154.
Improved Aflatoxins and Fumonisins Forecasting Models for Maize (PREMA and PREFUM), Using Combined Mechanistic and Bayesian Network Modeling—Serbia as a Case StudyFrontiers in Microbiology 12 (2021). - ISSN 1664-302X
Financial losses for Dutch stakeholders during the 2013 aflatoxin incident in Maize in EuropeMycotoxin Research (2021). - ISSN 0178-7888
Study on the relations between hyperspectral images of bananas (Musa spp.) from different countries, their compositional traits and growing conditionsSensors 20 (2020)20. - ISSN 1424-8220 - 18 p.
Web-based system for mycotoxin prevention and control along the chain
Aflatoxin disease burden and monitoring
Linking growing conditions to stable isotope ratios and elemental compositions of Costa Rican bananas (Musa spp.)Food Research International 129 (2020). - ISSN 0963-9969
Forecasting mycotoxins in grains at the European level
MyToolbox Decision Support for mycotoxin prevention and control
Cost-effective monitoring of aflatoxins in maize