In November 2014 Wageningen UR Food & Biobased Research (FBR) discussed with SAGARPA the desire to show the Mexican agri-food sector that the National Agrologistics Program (NAP) has been started through the development of pilot projects.
On 18 December 2014 Mexican President Peña Nieto and Minister of Agriculture Martinez y Martinez (head of SAGARPA) announced that the National Agrologistics Program will begin implementation in 2015. Between July 2013 and October 2014 FBR was the lead consultant in charge of the design of the NAP. In order to make a quick start of the NAP, the preparation and implementation of a pilot programme was decided, which is planned as follows:
Phase 1: Design
- Make a high-level inventory of all possible pilots relevant for Mexico
- Selection model for transparent choice of pilots projects to be subsidized according to the impact criteria on the NAP
- Identify the top 10 pilots and gather the most important information on these 10 pilots, based on expert knowledge with valid justifications.
- Out of the Top 10 prioritize the top 3, based on a transparent selection model.
- Prepare a detailed proposal for each of these 3 pilots.
- Prepare the general rules for the Subsidy Instrument for this Pilot Program.
Phase 2: Implementation of the selected pilots
Phase 1, steps 4, 5 and 6 are not part of this project. They will be dealt with in a separate project. The same is true for phase 2.