In 2011, the Wageningen UR Library is making € 50,000 available in its Open Access Fund to authors within Wageningen UR. Authors can apply to this fund to cover the costs for Open Access Fees. The funds will be distributed on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
Authors can submit a request if they meet the following criteria:
- The compensation for the costs applies only to actual Open Access Journals, registered in DOAJ. Requests for Open Access Fees for journals for which the Library has a license and for journals that offer the Open Access option will not be honoured.
- The Library will subsidise the costs for Open Access Fees in proportion to the Wageningen UR contribution, as mentioned in the author's affiliation in the article. This means that the Library will not pay any part that other institutions are responsible for.
- The author has to ensure that the subsidised publication will be registered in Metis. Only after registration will the reimbursement be paid.
- Authors are also expected to use other funds. This means that the Open Access Fees for NWO and EU-FP7 projects, for example, can be claimed from those project budgets.
- Guest authors must have a demonstrable relationship with Wageningen UR and must also have published the related piece in affiliation with Wageningen University.
You must include the following in your request:
- Journal and publisher
- Status of the publication: submitted/accepted
- Title of the publication
- Science Group/chair group (affiliation)
- Planned publication date if known