Would you like to gather in-depth insights in the latest innovations related to feed? The latest insights in the nutritional value of feeds and feedstuffs, recent technical innovations related to feed, new trends and advances in feed evaluation are a selection of subjects that will be discussed during this course. The subjects will be presented by highly regarded experts in the field of feed evaluation science from all over the world. The new gained knowledge will contribute to the accurate formulation of mixed diets.
This course includes a variety of presentations spread over 5 consecutive days. Monday is a welcome day and does not contain offical lectures. The topics will be introduced by international experts and there will be various opportunities for interaction with other participants and the experts. This offers the possibility to meet people with different backgrounds and to expand professional and private networks. In this course the following subjects are covered:
• Nutritional Value and Determination of Feed Ingredients
• Nutrient Digestibility, Bio-availability & Fermentation
• Mathematical Modelling of Nutrient-Animal Interactions
• New Trends in Feed Evaluation
• Recent Advances in Feed Evaluation
The course aims to increase the knowledge of professionals (post graduate/academic level) and is intended for nutritionists, feed formulators, advisors, managers, teachers, researchers and professionals involved in animal feed manufacture. The course set-up is cross-species and covers pigs, poultry, ruminants and pets.
Results for you
After the course you will:
• Have a concise update on the principles of feed evaluation as applied to the livestock industries.
• Be able to identify the potential nutritional value of feeds and feedstuffs with regard to components from feeds which are used for the synthesis of body components and for the support of metabolic processes in the body. • Be able to identify and apply several recent technical innovations in relation to digestibility and dietary nutrient requirements.
The course leader are:
- prof. dr. ir. W. H. Hendriks,
Wageningen University & Research, the Netherlands.
- Dr. J. van Milgen,
- Prof. P. J. Moughan,
Massey University, New Zealand.
- Dr. P.R. Ferket,
NC State University, USA.